Stuck on a problem? Facing the same issue over and over again?
The Lean Foundations Workshop provides guidance and expertise to help project teams employ Lean methods to ensure that the project moves forward for timely completion. We are looking for project teams with substantial problems to solve in their agency especially ones that address breakthrough-level metrics and requires improvement.
- Project teams should be cross-functional to address a problem that spans multiple departments or divisions.
- Solutions are currently unknown.
Specified project team members will gain competencies in the workshop and can serve as intermediate-level problem solving champions within their agency. Participants will be expected to continue utilizing what they learn in their daily work as well as coach others.
The workshop will occur on selected Thursdays from February through June 2019.
APPLY FOR THE WORKSHOP
Group 1 | February 7, 2019 | 8:30 a.m. - noon
Group 2 | February 21, 2019 | 8:30 a.m. - noon
Group 1 | February 14, 2019 | 8:30 a.m. - noon
Group 2 | February 28, 2019 | 8:30 a.m. - noon
Group 1 | March 7, 2019 | 8:30 a.m. - noon
Group 2 | March 21, 2019 | 8:30 a.m. - noon
Group 1 | April 4, 2019 | 8:30 a.m. - noon
Group 2 | April 18, 2019 | 8:30 a.m. - noon
Group 1 | May 9, 2019 | 8:30 a.m. - noon
Group 2 | May 23, 2019 | 8:30 a.m. - noon
Group 1 | June 6, 2019 | 8:30 a.m. - noon
Group 2 | June 20, 2019 | 8:30 a.m. - noon
PROJECT TEAM INFORMATION
Project teams should include subject matter experts from each functional area involved in the problem being addressed. It is also recommended that the team involve customers, suppliers and other relevant resources.
Each team will select and send three to four members for the workshop training. The selected team members must attend all sessions.
In addition to the members, a project team will need a trained lean facilitator or coach from their agency to help convert the trainings into practical application. If the participating agency does not have one available, one will be assigned to their project team.
Each project team will need to dedicate two to four hours per week during the months of February through May for project-related activities.
Team members attending the workshop will need to dedicate an additional three to four hours for each session.
Project team roles as follows:
- Communicates the urgency/ ‘burning platform’ and has the authority to approve resources as well as team recommendations.
- Can remove roadblocks that the team encounters along the way.
- Stays abreast of team progress by way of periodic updates from team lead.
- Team administrator and point-of-contact for the team.
- Updates project sponsor at specified intervals and alerts sponsor of any issues or roadblocks as they arise.
- Subject matter experts (SMEs)
- Special functions as applicable (i.e. IT, legal)
- Suppliers, Customers, and ‘outside eyes’